Welcome to Amitabha Kadampa Buddhist Centre
Study & Meditation Programs in Modern Buddhism
Amitabha Kadampa Buddhist Centre was established in 2001 to provide people in Edmonton with the opportunity to learn about and practice Buddha’s teachings. Located in close to downtown Edmonton, near Bonnie Doon Mall, Amitabha Centre is a peaceful oasis in the city where anyone can find the tools to experience lasting happiness and well-being.
The Centre is run by volunteers and during open hours there is always someone at hand who can answer your questions and tell you more about the Centre. We offer regular classes and courses for both beginners and those who are looking for more in-depth study.
Amitabha Centre is a part of the New Kadampa Tradition – International Kadampa Buddhist Union (NKT-IKBU), a non-profit organization with a global network of over 1,200 Centres and groups around the world. Everyone is welcome!
The Benefits of Modern Buddhism
1. Everyone is welcome to attend classes and benefit from the practices that are taught.
2. Practical solutions to everyday problems such as anger, uncontrolled desire, jealousy, and self-grasping ignorance.
3. Simple methods to find lasting happiness through developing inner peace, improve our relationships and be of genuine help to others.
4. Year-round program of classes and courses in 1200 locations worldwide, including many city centres like ours
5. Friendly, relaxed environment where you can meet and discuss with like-minded people
6. Advanced study and meditation courses for those seeking deeper understanding and experience.
Amitabha Kadampa Buddhist Centre
HOW TO FIND US
Akshobya Kadampa Buddhist Centre
Phone: (403) 454-7595
Adress: 2120 Kensington Road NW
Calgary, AB T2N 3R7