How to Just Be: The Art of Contentment
Saturday October 17 | 1:00pm-3:30pm
About the Course (Online or In Person or Watch this course at any time after it “airs”)
Are you restless? Tired of coping? Getting stir crazy and frustrated about not knowing what the future holds?
Many people are feeling bottled up and are bursting to do stuff! Although this is a normal response in light of current events, from a spiritual point of view, it can also be a good opportunity to look at what is underneath our itchy minds and our short attention spans.
In this special livestream event, Kadam Kelly will share insights, ideas and meditations from within Kadampa Buddhism to help us feel more at peace with simply being, not doing. We will explore and get a taste of practices that help us to relax, and be okay within the peace, the quiet, the natural stillness of our own mind. We will learn the practice of contentment.
ONE WEEK REPLAY OPTION
This talk is being offered with a replay option in the event you can’t make it in person or to the livestream.
How does it work? In order to receive the replay link, you will need to complete registration before class starts. By Saturday afternoon, we will email the replay link to everyone who has completed their registration on time. The link will expire the following Saturday.
COST: $25 for the half day course | FREE for monthly members
Session 1 – 1:00pm-2:10pm
Tea Break – 2:10pm-2:30pm
Session 2 – 2:30pm-3:30pm
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY IF YOU ATTEND ACTIVITIES AT THE CENTRE
In compliance with Provincial and City regulations and guidelines, we are now able to welcome a few people, in person at each of our weekly classes. Our livestream classes will continue to be available online for those who are not yet ready to venture out. PLEASE pre-register to let us know if you are planning to attend in person or online.
– To provide a safe and hygienic environment at the Centre, strict protocol, in line with Alberta regulations, must be observed.
– Sign-in is required and may be used in the case of an outbreak to investigate COVID contagion pathways.
– Please immediately wash your hands in the washroom. Hand sanitizer is available if the washroom is occupied.
– Please maintain physical distancing when in the Centre, taking turns in the reception area—only two people at a time.
– Finally – all surfaces at the Centre are disinfected before and after sessions.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
HOW TO FIND US
Amitabha Kadampa Buddhist Centre
9550 87 Street
Edmonton AB T6C 3J1